Hack Your Brain With Neuroscience
Would you like to change your brain? Is it even possible?
The idea is almost impossible to imagine but it’s entirely possible and you’ll be able to learn how, very quickly, today.
Dr. Andrew Huberman, Neuroscientist and Principal Investigator of Huberman Lab at the Department of Neurobiology Stanford University, explains four critical facts about the brain. And more, he shares a few neuro hacks to enhance your life and performance, ways that could greatly increase your brain power, presence, creativity, and productivity.
“That’s a uniquely human ability —To think of something not in the room.To imagine something on demand.To plan and to create new things.It’s very powerful and also what gets you into trouble.”— Dr. Andrew Huberman
Highlights from the episode:
- Dr. Huberman explains the three main jobs of the brain and how the brain works
- The reason why we have fears, traumas, shame and lasting negative experiences
- How traumatic experiences are implanted in the brain and how we can change its meaning from negative to positive
- Learning from children — why children are great passive learners
- Learning from Richard Feynman — bongo drummer, physicist and Nobel Prize Winner
- How to bridge creativity with drive and focus
- Add three steps to your meditation practice today including one that Dr. Huberman calls “The Virgin’s Eye Movement”
People mentioned in the episode:
- Tony Robbings
- Steve Jobs
- Richard Feynman
- JJ Virgin
Ideas mentioned in the episode:
- The Lizard Brain
- Nucleus Basalis
More information on Dr. Huberman’s work and related resources mentioned in the episode:
If you enjoyed this episode, we have another we’d recommend to you. Listen to this (hint: both Dr. Huberman and Steven Kotler spoke about Nootropics):
For more resources, we’d recommend these following articles:
- How To Become Superhuman: The Wim Hof Method
- Be Like Neo: Can You Imprint Skills And Beliefs On Your Brain Like That Scene From “The Matrix”
- The Best Life Hacks For Accelerated Learning
Here’s a powerful quote by Dr. Huberman from the episode:
“If you want your brain to change,stay light, stay loose,but give it everything you’ve got.It’s tough (but you can).”— Dr. Andrew Huberman
If the ideas in this episode resonated with you, consider joining our Tribe and get access to more amazing content from brilliant thinkers and game-changers from around the world.
What was your main takeaway from Dr. Huberman’s talk?
Are you ready to hack your brain and increase your potential?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.