Discover The Power Of Being Vulnerable
Are you putting on a brave face today? Remember, there’s power in being vulnerable.
Rich Litvin, author and expert on high-achievers, founder of The Confident Woman’s Salon and The High-Achieving Introvert Project, shares a powerful yet simple exercise on vulnerability. There’s an emotional truth behind every strong face. And there’s an unfortunate yet common truth, not only among high-achievers but with every Tom, Jane, and Sally, that staying strong is expected of us. However, Rich provokes this societal conditioning with a question — “Why don’t you need help?”
Highlights from the episode:
- The story of his father and Rich’s last message to him
- The story of a successful businessman and what he actually desires
- How Rich’s support group of high-achievers stay vulnerable
- The powerful exercise on vulnerability begins with a question
- The dilemma of sharing through open communication
- The story of Rich’s moment of disappointment and vulnerability
People mentioned in the episode:
- Brene Brown
Here’s a powerfully honest quote by Rich from the episode:
“I hadn’t realized just how hard I push help away
and then I secretly resent you for not helping me.”
— Rich Litvin
If you enjoyed this episode, we have a great episode pair to recommend to you. Listen to this:
For more resources, we’d recommend these following articles:
- 15 Powerful Quotes To Help You Reclaim Your Personal Power By Deborah King
- 3 Steps To Help You Overcome Your Fear Of Public Speaking
- Empathy vs. Sympathy: Learn To Truly Love And Care
If the ideas in this episode resonated with you, consider joining our Tribe and get access to more amazing content from brilliant thinkers and game-changers from around the world.
What was your main takeaway from Rich’s talk?
Are you afraid to be vulnerable?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.