If you think men’s and women’s brains are different, you couldn’t be more right. And knowing the gender differences in nutrition and exercise can help all of us have a better and healthier life. Today our guest is Dr. Lisa Mosconi, a Ph.D. is the founder and director of the Women’s Brain Initiative, associate director of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Clinic, and associate professor of Neuroscience in Neurology and Radiology at Weill Cornell Medicine is the one who is going to help us with that today. In this episode, Vishen Lakhiani and Dr. Lisa Mosconi will be discussing how our genetics, environment, and lifestyle shape our brains, focusing especially on women. You’ll use this knowledge right now, tomorrow, and over the course of your lifetime.
Dr. Lisa Mosconi, Ph.D., is the Director of the Women’s Brain Initiative and Associate Director of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Clinic at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC)/NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, where she serves as an Associate Professor of Neuroscience in Neurology and Radiology. She is also an adjunct faculty member at the Department of Psychiatry at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. Dr. Mosconi holds a Ph.D. degree in Neuroscience and Nuclear Medicine and is a certified Integrative Nutritionist and holistic healthcare practitioner. Dr. Mosconi’s work has spoken at over 80 international conferences leading to press releases involving TV and radio networks worldwide (CNN, CBS, NBC, the Today Show, the Doctors show, etc.), and major print media including Associated Press, Reuters, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Psychology Today, and several international outlets. She is the author of the instant New York Times bestseller THE XX BRAIN: the Groundbreaking Science Empowering Women to Maximize Cognitive Health and Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease [Avery/ Penguin Random House] and of BRAIN FOOD: The Surprising Science of Eating for Cognitive Power [Avery/ Penguin Random House].
Listen out for:
– How are male and female brains different.
– The connection between menopause and women’s brains.
– Things women can do to understand their brains through menopause.
– Gender differences in nutrition and exercise that women need to be aware of.
– The connection between stress and hormones.
– Nutrients that women need to pay attention to.
– Live bonus Q&A session.
– Learn how to transform your eating habits once and for all with this FREE Mindvalley Masterclass 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/podcast_wf
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Still want to learn more? We recommend:
- The Marvelous Properties of Gamma Brain Waves
- Everything You Need to Know About Right Brain Characteristics
- 101 Ways to Increase Brainpower & Think Like a Genius
Like this episode?
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcasting app. Share this with your friends on Instagram or Twitter.