“Common to all illness, whether of mind or body are the traumas imposed by life in the modern world.”
Today’s guest is a brilliantly original thinker and bestselling author on addiction, trauma, parenting, and the social context of human diseases and imbalances – Dr. Gabor Maté. Contrary to mainstream medicine, he asserts that most health issues and diseases aren’t individual problems but reflections of a person’s relationship with their physical, emotional, and social environment. Join Dr. Maté and Vishen for a fascinating discussion on how personal and societal responsibility cannot be separated when it comes to mental and physical health.
Dr. Gabor Maté was a physician for nearly 30 years whose best-selling books have been published in more than thirty languages. He skillfully weaves together scientific research, case histories, and his own insights and experience to present a broad perspective that enlightens and empowers people to promote their own healing and that of those around them. He is also a co-developer of a therapeutic approach, Compassionate Inquiry, now studied by therapists, physicians, counselors, and others internationally
Listen out for:
– The reason behind health deterioration despite the increase in our lifespan.
– What toxic culture is, what’s causing it, and what to do about it.
– 50% of Danish men are infertile and Dr. Gabor Maté knows the reason.
– How can our disease or tragedy become our biggest teacher.
– How public health can be improved by having a child-honoring society.
– How both Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton unwittingly promote childhood trauma.
– How to heal your trauma and the role of spirituality and psychedelics.
– Get your copy of Dr. Gabor Maté’s new book here 👉https://go.mindvalley.com/B8vifP4A
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 65+ transformational Mindvalley programs – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Still want to learn more? We recommend:
- Harvard Studied People for 75 Years and Found That Happiness and Longevity Comes From One Thing
- Mindvalley’s Top 4 Free Online Health & Longevity Courses
- The Ultimate Biohacking Guide: 24 Ways to Hack Your Biological Age From Ancient Wisdom & Modern Science
Like this episode?
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcasting app. Share this with your friends on Instagram or Twitter.