“Maturity comes when we tend to our inner children and don’t inflict them on our partners to care for”
This episode’s guest is a nationally recognized family therapist, author, and teacher that has been in private practice for over 30 years. Gwyneth Paltrow has praised Terry as her favorite relationship therapist, and many have credited him for saving their marriage. Bradley cooper has even been quoted saying that his work is “nothing short of miraculous”
He’s the author of the national bestseller: I Don’t Want To Talk About It, the first book ever written on the topic of male depression. That was followed by three more successful books, including his most recent New York Times Bestselling book, Us: Getting Past You & Me to Build a More Loving Relationship.
Terry founded The Relational Life Institute and often appears in academic journals and media like Good Morning America, ABC News, Oprah, The Today Show, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and many others. In this episode, Terry and Vishen have a discussion on relationship advice and his new book, “Us: Getting Past You & Me to Build a More Loving Relationship. Stay till the end because we may have a big surprise for you.
Listen out for:
– The difference between depression in men and women.
– The core skill you need to learn to have a better relationship life.
– How many inner children do we have and how to tend for them?
– 5 losing strategies that are the agenda of your inner adaptive child.
– Find out more about Terry Real here 👉https://terryreal.com/
– Want to find Terry on Instagram? Click here 👉 https://www.instagram.com/realterryreal/
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 65+ transformational Mindvalley programs – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Like this episode?