“The good news is that less than 20 percent of chronic diseases seem to be down to our genetics alone, which means that the other 80 percent are determined by our environment and can be influenced by how we live.”

The path to health and happiness is inside you. Quite literally – it’s your gut! When you eat well, you feed the helpful microbes that nourish your metabolism, your immunity, and even your mood. In this episode, Megan Rossi, The Gut Health Doctor, joins Vishen to have a discussion about what your gut actually needs, and, most importantly, what to do when it’s not loving you back. Today’s guest is one of the most influential gut-health specialists in the world. Dr. Megan Rossi, known as The Gut Health Doctor, is a practicing dietitian, nutritionist, the leading Research Fellow at King’s College London, and the founder of the Gut Health Clinic, where she leads a team of gut-specialist dietitians. Megan is an instant Sunday Times best-selling author and is the brilliant mind behind the books, ‘Eat Yourself Healthy’, ‘Eat More, Live Well’, ‘Love Your Gut’, and ‘How to Eat More Plants’. She has been recognized as Business Insider’s Top 100 Coolest People in Food & Drink and was named Young Australian Achiever of the Year in the UK 2020.

 

Listen out for:

– How the gut impacts our mood.

– 5 key principles that help you maximize your gut health.

– Is intermittent fasting good for you?

– The main reason why the US diet is not healthy.

– The gut Dr’s thoughts on veganism and vegetarianism.

– Recommendations for people with Candida.

– The gut Dr’s thoughts on prebiotics and probiotics.

 

Bonus:                                                                         

– Find out more about Dr. Megan Rossi here 👉https://www.theguthealthdoctor.com/ 

– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 65+ transformational Mindvalley programs – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW   

 

Like this episode?

Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcasting app. Share this with your friends on Instagram or Twitter.

Mindvalley

Mindvalley

The Mindvalley Podcast aims to bring to you the greatest teachers and thought leaders on the planet to discuss the world's most powerful ideas in personal growth for mind, body, spirit, and work.

View all posts