It’s more than a race; it’s a lifestyle.
In this interview, we hear from founder of the world’s best obstacle race, Joe de Sena. This innovative, one-of-a-kind adventure race is more than a test of physical ability – a Spartan race represents the discipline, commitment and self-awareness that is needed to overcome any obstacle in life.
Vishen and Joe discuss how the epic race, like life, is a mental game. It’s a test to push past the point of suffering where most people give up, to push our body past any preconceived notions of what we think it’s capable of.
Joe expands on other principles of the Spartan Way, including passion, prioritization, courage and integrity, and explains how they are the pillars we need to master to surmount adversity.
He shares tried-and-true fitness tips, his personal exercise regime and the types of training programs required to successfully complete the different levels of races. He proves how the average person can get ready for a Spartan race in as little as 30 days.
“I saw the transformations taking place in the people that were doing the races. And I know how good I felt. I wanted to just be around that energy and that lifestyle. And I just wouldn’t quit.”
Are you ready to hear from the man who did 14 Ironman events in one year? Don’t miss this one!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The Best Free Workout that we can Start Today
- How Joe lost Half a Million Dollars (and a person!) in his First Adventure Race
- Why Joe carries a 40lb Kettlebell with him Wherever He Goes
- How an Average Person can Get Started Training
- Why Mobility and Stability Exercises are Critical
- The 21 Key Body Weight Exercises Joe uses to Stay Ready
- The #1 Exercise Joe did to Take his Fitness to the Next Level
- The Magic Bullet we need to Supercharge Our Morning (not the blender!)
- The 4 Types of Spartan Races
- Why Yoga is Critical for Injury Prevention
- The Only Thing that Might Stop You from Racing
- How to find your True North (and why it matters)
- The Correlation between Spartan Racers and Life Improvements (measurable examples)
- Why a Vegan Diet is Key for Longevity
“If your mind wants you to get to that finish line, you’re going to get to that finish line.”
Are you ready to uplevel not only your physical performance, but every aspect of your life? Don’t miss hearing from the man who designed the world’s most challenging obstacle race to get started!
Connect with Joe:
As inspired as we are? Here are more healthy articles to dive into:
- The Ultimate Biohacking Guide: 24 Ways To Hack Your Biological Age From Ancient Wisdom & Modern Science
What was your main takeaway from Joe’s interview?
Let us know in your review in the comments.