“I believe in living in the present and making each day count. I don’t pay much attention to the past or the future.”
Our guest on this episode is the famous Oscar-winning actor, producer, and now bestselling author Matthew McConaughey. He first gained recognition for his breakout performance in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused. And after that, the hits followed: A Time To Kill, Contact, Magic Mike, Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall Street, We Are Marshall, Interstellar, Serenity, Frailty, and the list goes on. But if you ask him, McConaughey prefers to call himself a storyteller, and he is proving it with his new memoir, ‘Greenlights.’ Join Vishen Lakhiani and Matthew McConaughey as they talk about the stories and life lessons that fueled Matthew’s success.
Listen out for:
- A sneak peek into the ideas behind Matthew’s book.
- Matthew’s 1992 simple goals list.
- The Arrow and the Target concept.
- The story of how Matthew found his partner Camila.
- Matthew’s thoughts on the current education system.
- The Just Keep Livin Foundation.
- Live Bonus Q&A Session.
- Get your own copy of Matthew’s new bestseller here 👉 https://greenlights.com/
- Subscribe to Mindvalley All Access to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Like this episode?
About Matthew McConaughey
Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey is a husband, a father of three children, a loyal son, and a brother. He considers himself a storyteller by occupation, believes it’s okay to have a beer on the way to the temple, feels better with a day’s sweat on him, and is an aspiring orchestral conductor.
In 2009, Matthew and his wife, Camila, founded the “Just Keep Livin Foundation”, which helps at-risk high school students make healthier mind, body, and spirit choices. In 2019, McConaughey became a professor of practice at the University of Texas at Austin, as well as Minister of Culture/M.O.C. for the University of Texas and the City of Austin. McConaughey is also the brand ambassador for Lincoln Motor Company, an owner of the Major League Soccer club Austin FC, and co-creator of his favorite bourbon on the planet, Wild Turkey Longbranch.