Ready to get schooled? Welcome to the ultimate teacher: your child.
In this incredibly popular A-Fest interview, clinical psychologist Dr. Shefali Tsabary shares valuable insight on how to not only bring consciousness to our parenting, but practical, powerful methods that anyone looking to forward their personal growth will benefit from.
With charisma and humor, Shefali explains the duality we all live in. She reveals how it is our attachment to the form that causes conflict and suffering in our lives—be it between us and our children or anything else in life. She explains how if we are able to recognize the formless essence and potential of everything, despite living in a world of form, we will be able to live in peace.
Shefali shares how not to fall into fear and resistance, but rather how to parent, and live, from a place of awareness and consciousness.
If you’re here to teach your child, then you’re here to teach the level of consciousness that the child has, and not punish them for the one that they don’t yet.— Shefali Tsabary
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why we Shouldn’t be Concerned About our Kids’ Grades
- How our Desire for our Children to be Happy is a Delusion
- Why we Need to Release our Need to Control
- Shefali’s Own Mistake in Raising her Daughter
- If we Have a Right as Parents to Raise our Children in our Religion
- The Best Way to Manage Restrictions to Children
- How we get Caught up in Form Based Anxieties
- How the Current Education System is Flawed
- Why it’s Impossible to Discipline a Child
- How to Instill Values Systems to our Children
- The Biggest Tyrant to Ourselves
- How the way to Liberation is Enslavement (of the mind!)
- Shefali’s Top Tips for Conscious Parenting
- The Biggest Lesson Shefali Learned as a Parent
- Live Q&A from Audience
See the person before you, even your own self, as you really are without the imposition of how you should be.— Shefali Tsabary
If you’re looking to improve your relationship with your child, or any other relationship in your life, this is not an interview you’ll want to miss.
Resources and Mentions
- Neale Donald Walsch
As inspired as us? Here are a few related articles you’ll enjoy!