“Whatever pain you can’t get rid of, make it your creative offering.”
In today’s episode, Vishen interviews Susan Cain, author of the best-selling phenomenon ‘Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking’. She’ll explain the premise of her new book ‘Bittersweet’ and how sorrow and longing can actually make us whole. If you seek out beauty in your everyday life; if you find comfort or inspiration on a rainy day; if you react intensely to music, art, and nature; then Susan’s message will resonate, and help you reframe sorrow in a beautiful, new way.
Susan Cain is recognized as one of LinkedIn’s top ten influencers and was named one of the world’s top 50 leadership experts by Inc. magazine. Her books have been translated into 40 different languages, spent eight uninterrupted years on The New York Times Bestseller list, and her TED talk has been viewed more than 40 million times. Her new book, ‘Bittersweet: How Sorry and Longing Make Us Whole’ is a must-read for anyone who’s lived, loved or lost.
Listen out for:
– The key idea behind Susan’s new book ‘Bittersweet’.
– How to turn sadness into creativity.
– Practical Tools to transform your pain into growth.
– What should a bittersweet person do? (For the ones who have a high bittersweet score.)
– The difference between bittersweet and melancholy comes from being stuck.
– Take the Bittersweet Quiz here 👉 https://susancain.net/bittersweet-quiz-intro/
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 65+ transformational Mindvalley programs – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Still want to learn more? We recommend:
- 5 Easy Steps to Self-Healing In 5 Minutes
- How To Awaken Yourself From Within
- What Is Personal Growth and Why Is It So Important?