Are you happy with your job?
Perhaps more importantly, are your employees? The keys to AMPing up your company’s success comes down to three things.
In this pertinent interview, New York Times bestselling author and behavioral science specialist Daniel Pink shares the leading research behind motivation and how we can use this to create a thriving work culture.
Daniel discusses the various rewards systems and how some are more effective than others depending on the situation. He dives deep into the three critical components to ensure successful managing and shares practical, applicable examples on how we can implement these strategies into our workplace immediately.
He reveals the single biggest day-to-day motivator in our current workplace and the two most important factors in job satisfaction. Daniel discusses the importance of timely, relevant feedback and why our feedback culture needs to change.
If you want to create — or work — in a thriving workplace, this is not an episode you’ll want to miss.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What an “If—Then” reward is and when they’re most effective
- Practical ways to create autonomy in the workplace
- The single most cost-effective performance enhancer (this is powerful)
- The 3 aspects critical for effective management
- The benefits of commission vs. non-commission work
- The pros and cons of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- The #1 key to mastery (not only in the workplace, but for anything
- The single biggest day-to-day motivator for employees
- Why making progress in meaningful work is critical for company success
- Why a robust and timely feedback system is essential for an organization to thrive
- The 2 most important factors in job satisfaction
- Why control and challenge are key elements to employee growth
- Why empowerment is BS (you have to hear this!)
- Why our feedback culture needs to change
- The number one characteristic that makes an effective leader
- Why the most valuable employees are powerful coaches
- Why we shouldn’t underestimate small wins
- Why going to a hospital in the afternoon is more dangerous than in the morning (with the science to boot)
Are you ready to create a workplace conducive for maximum performance? Don’t miss David’s cutting-edge research and strategies on how to make your workplace a recipe for success.
Human beings don’t engage when they’re controlled. Human beings don’t engage by being managed. Human beings engage by getting there under their own steam.Daniel Pink
Resources and Mentions
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel Pink
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- To Sell is Human by Daniel Pink
- A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
- Measure what Matters by Jon Doerr
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution by Franklin Covey
- Herding Tigers by Todd Henry
- Beyond Boredom and Anxiety by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility by Patty Mccord
- Steven Kotler — author, speaker, flow junky
Connect with Daniel
As inspired as we are? Here are a few related articles you’ll enjoy:
- 10 Books On Business & Personal Growth To Keep You Thinking Big In 2019
- What Are Your Career Goals? The Blueprint To Your Soul
- How To Create Mission-Driven Career Goals
What’s your biggest takeaway from this incredible discussion with Daniel?
Let us know in your review below!