You sit down at your desk to work on an important project, but a notification on your phone interrupts your morning. Later, as you’re about to get back to work, a colleague wants to chat. At home, screens get in the way of quality time with your family. Another day goes by and, once again, you put your most important personal and professional goals on hold. This episode will reveal the hidden psychology driving us to distraction and the reason why solving the problem is not as simple as swearing off our devices. The truth is abstinence is impractical and often makes us want more. Listen to learn the secret of finally doing what you say you will do with a four-step, research-backed model, and the key to getting the best out of technology without letting it get the best of us.
Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. He previously taught as a Lecturer in Marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford. Nir co-founded and sold two tech companies since 2003 and The M.I.T. Technology Review called him “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology.” He is the author of two bestselling books, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life. In addition to blogging at NirAndFar.com, Nir’s writing has been featured in The New York Times, The Harvard Business Review, Time Magazine, and Psychology Today.
Listen out for:
– Nir’s personal experience with distraction.
– Why distraction is not a new problem.
– The real definition of distraction.
– 2 types of internal distraction triggers.
– The 10-minute rule to help your distraction triggers.
– The only metric of success.
– How to use your phone to help you stay indistractable.
– Discover how to rise above distractions, own your time, and regain your peak focus and performance, no matter what’s going on inside you or around you with Nir Eyal in this FREE Mindvalley Masterclass 👉https://go.mindvalley.com/NirFocus
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW