Do you have the systems in place to ensure you succeed?
In this episode we hear from MIT graduates, Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann, on how we can use mental models to become more focused, accurate, reliable and disciplined on our personal growth journey.
Gabriel is the creator of DuckDuckGo – a search engine that empowers you to seamlessly take control of your personal information online. They’re also the co-authors of Super Thinking, a powerful guide to upgrade our reasoning and make better decisions with mental models.
Gabriel and Lauren share some of the top mental models that we can use to increase our productivity and performance, eliminate distractions and upgrade our reasoning and decision making skills – starting today.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What a mental model is in the first place
- How these mental models can be applied to day to day life
- What a forcing function is and how it helps us tackle projects or conversations we’ve been putting off
- Hanlon’s razor and how it can be used in family situations
- The sunk cost policy and how it can help us leave relationships or patterns that are not serving us
- The north star model and how to identify what we’re really after
- The third story position and how it can help us in any kind of conflict resolution
- The dunning-kruger effect and importance of getting a coach
- Imposter syndrome and how to better assess our skills and abilities
Learn the top mental models to make smarter decisions and upgrade your personal growth, your career, relationships and your life. Tune into this episode today.
Resources and Mentions:
- Super Thinking: Upgrade Your Reasoning and Make Better Decisions with Mental Models by Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann
- Robin Sharma and The 5 AM Club
- Difficult Conversations from Harvard Law School
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Tim Ferris
- Charlie Munger
Connect with Gabriel and Lauren:
As inspired as we are? Here are a few articles you’ll enjoy!
- What Is The Triarchic Theory Of Intelligence?
- 7 Quotes On The Power Of Self-Confidence By Marisa Peer
What’s your favorite takeaway from the interview with Gabriel and Lauren?
Let us know in your review below.