The Power Of Believing And Being Enough
Our mind is capable of more than we think.
It begins by asking ourselves if we believe whether we’re enough or not — and it’s more than just positive thinking.
In this transformative and engaging A-Fest talk, Marisa Peer, voted Britain’s #1 Therapist — whose work includes Hollywood celebrities, Olympic athletes, CEO’s and royalty — shares humanity’s singular biggest problem through heartfelt stories.
Contrary to conventional therapists who focus on the inner mechanics of the mind and attempt to diagnose one small problem at a time, Marisa Peer identifies the mind’s most basic principles and cuts to the root of the problem. She turns people’s lives around in a matter of minutes.
The results from Marisa’s brilliantly unconventional method are astounding.
“Changing the world is a big task, but I want to change people. The way to change them is by making them feel they are enough.”
— Marisa Peer
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The three insights about your brain that will change your life:
- Your mind does what it truly thinks you want it to do and what it truly believes is in your best interest
- The way you feel about any event and the way your mind responds is the result of just two things; the pictures you make in your head and the words you say to yourself
- To succeed at anything you have to make the unfamiliar familiar, and the familiar unfamiliar
- Why lottery winners lose everything within 2 years of winning the lottery because of their desire for the familiar
- How an American celebrity changed his life after meeting Marisa Peer in one afternoon
- How Marisa helped a successful but suicidal British trader to accept a thought she had kept from her painful past
- The story of a plumber who brought Marisa’a simple technique into his home and subsequently changes the lives of his family members
- She explains the major causes of depression are harsh, hurtful and critical words you say to yourself over and over again
- The direct, specific, detailed, crystal clear commands and instructions that signal and communicate to your mind in a way that gives you great results with no misinterpretation
Key takeaways on being enough:
- Make anything that is negative unfamiliar and anything positive really familiar
- Change the pictures, words, and you will tell your brain exactly what you want
- Say this, “I have chosen to do this, I’ve chosen to feel great about it and I’m enough.”
Tell your mind a new story and it will respond accordingly. Praise yourself by saying things such as:
- I am enough and I am happy being enough
- I am a loving and admirable friend
- I am clever and amazing
- I am bold, daring, and creative
- I am incredibly beautiful/handsome inside and out
Of all the things you tell yourself, remember to repeat the followings words and truly feel its truth:
“I am enough. I’ve always been enough. Now that I know that I am enough, everyone else knows it, too. I will always be enough.”
— Marisa Peer
If the ideas in this episode resonated with you, consider joining our Tribe and get access to more amazing content from brilliant thinkers and game-changers from around the world.
What was your main takeaway from Marisa’s talk?
If you have a life-changing story from Marisa’s talk, we would love to hear it! Share it with us in the comments section below.