We need to be Vision-eers to build the tools that will build us.
This incredible episode from epic futurist and visionary, Jason Silva, live from Mindvalley’s A-Fest stage will unleash the hidden potential of your mind and plant the seed for a future you never even dreamed was possible.
Jason explains transhumanism and how the exponential power of technology can give us access to create a previously unimaginable future. The rate of technological acceleration is becoming more and more integrated in how we live our lives, and it’s up to us to decide if we’re going to use that power to fuel our personal growth to be of benefit for humanity.
Technology is the literalization of the human imagination in the world.
— Jason Silva
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Whether or not technology is natural or not (this is interesting)
- The bliss-f-crucification and why it’s where healing is done
- What ego death is and why we need to practice ritualized surrender
- How altered states of consciousness can be used to heal PTSD and depression
- The 4 forces of ecstasy to master flow state
- What singularity is and if too much bliss is a bad thing
- How consciousness has trumped geology and what this means for the future of humanity
- Why we should all aspire to be billionaires (but what our definition of a billionaire should mean)
- Biotechnology and how violence in our modern world is actually declining
- Why we need to democratize nirvana
- How we literally hold more power of communication and impact in the palm of our hand than a president did 25 years ago (and what we need to do with it)
- Jason’s recommended reading list to accelerate our personal growth
What if becoming a billionaire means positively impacting a million lives?
— Jason Silva
Ready to become an Imagineer? (If you don’t know what that is then you really need to hear this.) Tune into Jason today.
Resources and Mentions:
- To Be Human Is To Be Transhuman
- The Future is Us
- Captains of Spaceship Earth
- Brain Games
- The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil
- Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson
- The Beginning of Infinity by David Deutsch
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Polla
- The Better Angels of our Nature by Steven Pinker
- The Surprising Decline in Violence by Steven Pinker’s TED Talk
- Engines of Creation by Eric Drexler
- Altered States to Altered Traits: Hacking the Flow State to Accelerate Human Evolution by Jamie Wheel
- The Flow Genome Project by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
- Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
- Tragic Sense of Life by Miguel de Unamuno
- The Age of Biology by Freeman Dyson
- David Conjures and Randy Clark
- Marshall McLuhan
- Gordon Moore
- Kevin Kelly
- Edward O. Wilson
- Marvin Minsky
- Craig Venter
- Larry Page
- Carl Sagan
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
Connect with Jason:
We are the chief agents of our evolution.
— Jason Silva
Inspired? Here are a few related articles you might enjoy!
- How To Tell The Future? Exploring The True Precognition Definition
- Expanding The Circle Of “We”: A Fascinating Idea About The Future Of Humanity
- 5 Benefits Of Being Grateful And How To Use This Practice Daily
What was your favorite part of Jason’s talk?
Let us know in your review!