Research shows that organizations with higher levels of psychological safety perform better on almost any metric or KPI than organizations with a low psychological safety score. Psychological safety is “a belief that one will not be punished or humiliated for speaking up with ideas, questions, concerns, or mistakes.” Tune in to Superhumans at Work with Jason Marc Campbell for a very insightful episode as Professor Amy Edmondson, the Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management at the Harvard Business School, shares great steps on what leaders can do to create psychological safety, the prerequisite for greater innovation and growth.
Amy C. Edmondson is the Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management at the Harvard Business School, a chair established to support the study of human interactions that lead to the creation of successful enterprises that contribute to the betterment of society. Amy has been recognized by the biannual Thinkers50 global ranking of management thinkers since 2011 and most recently was ranked #3 in 2019. She also received the organization’s Breakthrough Idea Award in 2019 and Talent Award in 2017. Amy’s articles have been published in numerous academic and management outlets, including the Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Harvard Business Review , and California Management Review. Her most recent book, The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth, offers a practical guide for organizations serious about success in the modern economy and has been translated into 11 languages.
Listen out for:
– What a fearful organization looks like.
– Why people fall into a fearful state at work.
– How a fearless organization looks like.
– The key to dealing with a toxic manager.
– 2 ingredients of an effective response.
– Subscribe to ‘Mindvalley Membership’ to discover 30+ Mindvalley Quests – at a surprisingly low annual fee. You can also watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers and find your community here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/superhuman
Like this episode?
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcasting app. Share this with your friends on Instagram or Twitter.